Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Digital Story Experience

What's your digital story?
I can honestly say that though I was excited to do this particular project that it quickly became quite frustrating. Even with all of the suggested sites to use, I had to go through a couple different ones before I finally found one with what I wanted, and even then ran across some issues. The first site I tried was Joggle.com and after uploading all of my pictures found that there was no way to add captions, which was something I wanted to do. I found after I uploaded  onto another site and had half my story finished that this particular site had a page limit. So, once again I ended up having to move on and upload my pictures onto another website. I finally ended up choosing Slideroll.com and was at least satisfied to be able to finish the digital story and be mostly satisfied. I was able to upload all of the pictures I wanted and have captions to go along with each one. However, I did find some of the features to be a bit confusing to use. Now, it is quite possible that I just simply don't understand how to pan or zoom in or out, but I felt as if it never did exactly what I was asking to do. Also, the first time I had everything set up to how I thought I wanted it and had it "published", all of my pictures ended up in a random order and the captions that I had were no where to be seen.
I think that if I were to have a group of students perform the task of completing a digital story that I would find a more simple site to use. However, I do think that is a great idea. I would love to see students create something like this after spring break, telling about what they did even if it was just relaxing at home. Or even if they were to be set up in groups of two, and had to create a fictional story along with the illustrations.
You can see my digital story Here

No comments:

Post a Comment