Monday, April 12, 2010

Wiki

Wiki Way
Schnaar's Flickr
I have only recently been introduced to a wiki site other than wikipedia this semester in two of my classes. One of course being my teaching with technology and then again for my Diversity in children's literature course. We haven't done much with the on in my children's lit class but, from what we have done in CEP 416 I am starting to see how a site such as this could come in handy, especially after creating my own. Unlike a blog or weebly site the wiki site allows others to edit the different pages however they would like.  It even has the option of having it be public and let anyone have control of these editing options, but you are also able to make it and invitation only type thing. If you end up having any problems with people vandalizing your site there is also a way in which you can go back to every saved spot and restore back to where ever you would like. My particular wiki is a place to share the digital stories that we had to make for the previous assignment. I have created a page in the wiki specifically for each invited guest to post and share. I can see how this would come in handy within the teaching world. It would be a great tool to calaboratively put together different profiles/portfolios for each student and the work that hey have done. Students would be able to share whatever work or information they would like with their classmates, and it would also be a way for the teacher to communicate with not only the students but their parents as well. This would be a great way for students to show of what they are able to do, and for others to be able to comment if they would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment