Monday, April 5, 2010

"I Heart Writing"


I recently read a blog from the "Organized Chaos" blog that I am following and it got me excited. She describes this holiday that her school has created called "I Heart Writing" and how involved and excited her kids were to celebrate it. I think it is great that they have created a day that has been dedicated to their students writing, and making a big deal about it. The way her students were all for dressing up for it and decorating the room to share their favorite piece of writing goes to show how involved and excited kids are able to get for things such as writting simply by creating the right atmosphere. Kids love to show off what they are able to do, and I think it is important to give them as many oportunities as possible to do so!

2 comments:

  1. I also follow this blog!
    I have found lots of great ideas and tips on that blog. Schools emphasize writing so much, but it seems like it is rarely celebrated school wide. It is important for students to feel proud and show ownership of their work and what better way to do this than an "I Heart Writing Day"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost feel that if you make a big deal about anything the kids are going to going to think it's the greatest thing ever, and will take it and run.

    ReplyDelete